Friday, September 3, 2010

Fancy Pouch

This is my second last Fancy Favour project...I've saved the best for last and I will share it on Monday.  Today, the project is a great little pouch perfect for holding a little gift for someone special.

Here's my color combination for this project...Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive.


And, here's the project!


Isn't it YUMMY!!!  I made a little pouch from the Fancy Favour die!  Now, I can't take credit for this idea...I saw it somewhere a long time ago.  The pouch is Crumb Cake cardstock stamped with the apple image from Tart & Tangy with Crumb Cake ink.  And, it holds a packet of Apple Cider mix.  A perfect little something for someone during the crisp days of fall.  This pouch could hold a packet of Hot Chocolate, some tea bags or you could do a really fun one with a packet of Kool-Aid.

I've been using my Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder a LOT lately, my Square Lattice one has been feeling a bit neglected!  So I used it to emboss a strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the belly band around the pouch.  I wrapped a piece of Striped Old Olive Ribbon around that and instead of tieing it, I scrunched it in the middle with a piece of Linen Thread through a Crumb Cake Button.  This is a great way to get the look of a knot without the bulk...especially with the wider ribbons!


It's finished off with the apple image from the Apple Blossoms Level 2 Hostess Set stamped with Old Olive on Crumb Cake cardstock.  I cut it out and stuck it on with a Stampin' Dimensional.

And, sonce I know you're wanting to know how to make these fun little pouches, I've done a tutorial for you!

You'll want to cut some pieces off of your Fancy Favour after you cut it out like this. 



Now's the time to stamp your pouch if you so desire!  It's much easier to  stamp it now than after it's all put together...I speak from experience here people!!!!  *wink*  After you've stamped it, you want to glue part of one of the flaps and the bottom flap like this...


And, then you stick it together to form the pouch itself!


Fun, eh?  Well, when I made this one, I got a bit carried away and made another!  And, I just have to share it with you!  It's like a 2-for-1 post!


So CA-UTE!!!  The pouch is Early Espresso with a Marina Mist DSP belly band.  I stamped with the Word Play set directly on the the DSP with Marina Mist and then over top that with Early Espresso to get a shadow effect.  You'll notice a litle scallop along the top...that's half of a punched Scallop Square.  Don't throw away the other half though!  I'm gonig to show you where I used it in a bit!


The little mug is from the Every Little Bit set.  It was stamped with Early Espresso ink on Watercolor Paper and then watercolored with Marina Mist and Cajun craze ink.  It's punched out with the new oval punch (which you can find in the Holiday Mini) and then sponged around the edge with Cajun Craze ink.

Are you curious about what I put in this pouch?  Well, have a look!


A cute little card!  you can now see where I used that other half of that Scalloped Square.  I used the same general idea as the pouch.  One of the mugs is hilighted by coloring it and there's a little thank you (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) stamped with Early Espresso ink.  To finish it off, I did a row of piercing.

But, this is not just any card...


...it's made to hold a gift card.  And, not just any gift card, it's a Tim Card...shhhh, don't tell my husband I stole his from his wallet for the picture.  I'll have to remember to put it back before my coffee-a-holic goes back to work tomorrow!!!  My card measures 2 7/8 x 3 1/2 (which means I had to cut a 2 7/8 x 7 1/2 piece of cardstock).  The little 1 inch strip I cut off my cardstock to get my card size I used to make a little pocket to hold the gift card.

Well, that's all I have for today!  I have one more Fancy Favor project to show you, but I will wait until Monday to show it.  Tomorrow I have a Scrapbook Saturday layout to share and I will have a super fantastic card for Simple Card Sunday on Sunday for you.  Remember, I've saved the BEST Fancy Favour project for last, so you'll definitely want to stop back on Monday to have a look!

Have an inspired day!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Thanks so much for showing the step by step instructions. Off to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've done it now. After all these Fancy Favor projects, the die is on my wish list. This little pouch sent me over the top.

    You suck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!