Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2-4-6-8...

2-4-6-8...who do you appreciate... Do you remember that chant?

I always wanted to be a cheerleader when I was a kid...I was never coordinated enough and I don't remember us even having cheerleaders at the schools I went to. Well, I am WAY off topic! This post isn't about cheerleading, but about a quick and easy box!


This is a 2-4-6-8 box and it's super easy to do with the new Simply Scored Tool.  You need a piece of cardstock that measures 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 (to make this box...you can change that second measurement to alter the height of your box).  Line up your cardstock so the 8 1/2 side is along the top of the Simply Scored and score at 2, 4, 6 & 8.  Then turn your cardstock a quarter turn and score it at 1 1/2 or 2.  Then you just fold it into a box and you can embellish and fill with treats!

I used the Square Lattice embossing folder on the More Mustard piece and to accentuate the embossing pattern, I brayered my embossing folder with Early Espresso ink before embossing the cardstock.  This way, the ink goes into the recessed parts of the design when it's embossed...one of my favorite things to do with the embossing folders.

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!