Thursday, September 13, 2012

I love Snowmen!

I know what you're thinking...Lisa, the leaves are only just starting to change color and you're talking about snowmen!!!!  That's right!  It's hard not to with the super cute snowman stamp, Frosty Friends, in the Holiday Catalog.

A while back, I signed up for this stamp set in a demonstrator swap thinking I would have lots of time to get it done and sent off.  Fast forward to a wrist surgery with complications, a long recovery time and an inability to really use my stamping stuff and it taking me a good 3 weeks to make my swaps!


I had my card designed, but getting 23 of them made proved to be quite a challenge, so I enlisted the help of my kids!  My younger two lasted about 5 punches and then were done with the whole process, but my oldest was fantastic and pretty much made the cards!  He punched everything, helped with the Big Shot stuff (embossing and cutting), sponged everything and then helped put it all together.  He did almost everything except the ribbon (which I did with my right hand and my teeth...don't worry ladies who received my swaps...the ribbon ends that came in contact with my teeth were cut off!!!) and a little bit of coloring on the snowmen.  SO, swap recipients, if your swap from me looks like it was made by a 10 year old, that's because it pretty much was!


I was so grateful for his help and it was so nice to sit at my little table and chat while we crafted together.  That's something him and I don't do very often because he would usually rather be outside or playing lego!  I guess, in a way, my injury was a blessing in disguise!

Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. I think that your card is super cute and that your son did a great job helping you. I hope that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!