Monday, October 1, 2012

Ronald McDonald Monday!

Hi all!  This past weekend, Sherri and I hosted our annual World Card Making Day event.  We chose to move our event a week earlier than the actual World Card Making Day because of Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend.  We changed things up this year a lot!  First of all, we supported a different charity...Ronald McDonald House Charities rather the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.  We did this because it's Stampin' Up!'s 10th anniversary supporting RMHC and it's such a great charity!  The way our event ran also changed this year.  We started our day with a morning of Stamp Olympics which was a fun morning of stamping games and lots of prizes!  We then had a yummy lunch and spent the afternoon stamping!  All of our event participants got the Moving Forward stamp set (which is the exclusive RMHC set for this year...Stampin' Up! will donate $3 from the sale of each set to RMHC).

The ladies made 12 cards with their new stamp set and over the next 12 weeks, I will be showing you all the cards they made...on Mondays!

So, here's the one for this week!

 
I think the little bird from the Moving Forward set looks like a cute crow, so I decided to go with that for this card.  I also paired it up with our Halloween DSP, Howlstooth and Scarringbone!  I think it's cute!

We gave our participants a $5 discount on their registration if they donated 5 or more cards for RMHC.  Look how full our donation basket was.....


I've got to say, I'm thrilled with how everyone got involved in this part of our day!  I can't wait to take them to Orlando with me to Leadership conference in January to drop in the RMHC basket so Stampin' Up! can donate them to various RMHC houses across North America.  I know that the people who get them to use will love them!

We had 12 ladies participate and each of them made 12 cards with their new stamp sets.  Here's a shot of all the supplies for 144 cards, cut, sorted and ready to be made into cards.


You can see many more pictures of all the fun we had on the LA Stamper Facebook Page.  I think the pictures do a great job of showing how much fun we all had!

And, one final thing, I will be slowly posting the recipes from lunch and snacks that day on the LA Stamper Cooks blog.  So, you can go over to that blog and check out the yummies!

Check back over the next few months on Mondays to see all 12 cards made at this fun event....and plan to join us next year!

Have an inspired day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!