Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Birthday Basics Frame

Wow!  Has it really been almost 2 months since I posted?  It's crazy how life flies by when you have a lot going on.  I was smart before Kevin had his surgery and set up quite a few posts, but then it was one thing after the other, my posts ran out and well, family came first so my blog (and a lot of other things) were neglected.  I am happy to say that after some scary moments (coming home to an ambulance in front of my house and quite a few hours in the ER), Kevin is doing well and recovering nicely.  Each day he is able to do more and more for himself which means I can get back to my beloved stamp room and creating!  It will still be a long time before things are back to "normal" at our house, but I see improvement everyday and I'm getting my stamping mojo back!

So, cheers to this being the start of consistent blogging and lets kick it off with a fun birthday project (because I just got back from the biggest birthday bash...Stampin' Up!'s convention celebrating their 25th anniversary!).

This is a project my clubs did last month.  I love, love, love the Birthday Basics designer paper in the catalog right now and I thought this was a great project to use it.


I found some inexpensive plain wood frames at my local big box craft store.  They are PERFECT for altering with fun Stampin' Up! product!  As you can see, I did mine with the balloon paper, but my club members got to choose their paper from the pack so they were all different!  I traced my frame onto the DSP and then cut it to fit.  The DSP is mod-podged to the frame.  To clean up the edges, I sanded it and then sponged it.

Everyone did a little banner embellishment for their frames with cardstock that matched their paper and the coordinating Hearts A Flutter stamp set and framelits.


Here's a little tip about making banners like this.  All the pieces are stuck on the frame (and to each other) with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Then, I tied two little bows...one for each end...and glued them on.  So, it looks like it's strung on a piece of Baker's Twine, but really it's not!

And, to finish off the frames, we added some ribbon around the outside edge.


The In Color Stitched Satin Ribbon fit perfectly around the edge of the frame and matched the colors in the DSP.  Perfect!

Until the end of July, when you order 3 packs of DSP you will get 1 FREE!  You can find all the details about this special on my website here.

And, as always, you can shop for all the stampin' supplies needed to create this project at home in my online store!  Head on over there with the shopping list and place your order today!

Make sure you stop back tomorrow to see the coordinating card (and a video) that goes with this fun frame.  Have an inspired day!






Shopping List
Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper
2012-2014 In Color Cardstock
Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon
2012-2014 In Color Ink Pads
Stampin' Sponges
Whisper White Baker's Twine
Hearts A Flutter stamp set
Hearts A Flutter Framelits
Basic Rhinestones
Fabulous Phrases stamp set
Stampin' Dimensionals
Bermuda Bay ink and cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!