Thursday, August 1, 2013

Papillion Potpourri Prettiness!



A long time ago one of the girls in my downline, Cheryl, taught me a super awesome trick for coloring butterflies...specifically the two very detailed butterflies in the Papillion Potpourri set that have coordinating punches.  Ever since then, every time I need a butterfly I turn to one of those two and color them with this technique.  The technique is simple and involves sponge daubers and ink before you punch.  At the end of this post I have a video for you showing you how to do it!

Recently I made a really pretty butterfly card for my convention swaps...and got lots of compliments on the butterfly!


The card itself is a pretty simple one layer card.  I did a little tone on tone stamping on the background of the card for a subtle look.  The crumb cake layer was embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder...still one of my favorite embossing folders...and I rubbed ink over it for a kind of burlap look.  I added some luscious Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon and a few more cardstock elements before the butterfly was added.


See that chevron pattern stamped on the oval?  It's the large oval from the Oh, Hello set stamped and then punched smaller.  I love that chevron oval and find that I pull it out a LOT for easy small backgrounds.  And, that thank you.  Be still my heart...I LOVE that font!  This is quite possibly my favorite thank you stamp in the entire catalog...at least for now!!!!!  ;)

Let's get on with that video so you can see how to make beautifully blended butterflies for your projects!


Now, go forth and make butterflies people!!!!!

Remember, everything I used to make this card can be found in my online store.  Head on over there with the shopping list (at the bottom of this post) so you can order everything you need to create this card in your stamping space.

Have an inspired day!






Shopping List
 
Stamp Sets:  Papillion Potpourri, Oh Hello, Lots of Thanks
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry
Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Embellishments:  Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon
Big Shot:  Square Lattice embossing Folder
Punches:  Elegant Butterfly, Oval
Stampin' Dimensionals
Sponge Daubers
Stampin' Sponges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!