Thursday, November 24, 2011

Iris Ornament

Hi!  I'm going to start by saying Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!  Today I'm going to share one of the cards my clubs did this month.  Each month my clubs learn a technique and this month it was the Iris Folding technique.


My inspiration for this card was a card I saw on Stampin' Connection which is an online group like Facebook, but for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators only.  I didn't save the picture and I can't remember who made the one that inspired me...so if it was you, thanks!

We started by punching an ornament out of a piece of Old Olive cardstock and then used the Letters to Santa DSP to do the Iris Folding technique to give the ornament some pizzazz!  I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs to make a branch and "hung" the ornament with some Whisper White Bakers Twine.  To finish it off, I added a sweet little bow made from Whisper White Taffeta ribbon.

For the next little while, my posts are going to be short and sweet.  Let me explain!  For the last year and a half my left wrist has been hurting on and off.  Fast forward to this week...Monday it was really sore and I noticed that a rather large lump has formed on the side of it.  It hurts up my thumb and some days all the way down my arm to my elbow.  Typing really hurts right now.  Thankfully it's my left writs and I'm right-handed!  Long story short, next week I have an appointment to get it checked out and I'm hoping for the best.  I do have some posts scheduled to publish over the next week, so you will have some fun stuff to look at!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!