Birthday one is tomorrow, so cookies went to school this morning.
Taylor was so excited to take his orange birthday cookies to school! And, Sawyer is equally excited for when I make more for him to take in a couple weeks. He has already requested I make lemon and lime ones for his class!
In the past, I've only used my cookie stamps with certain recipes (sugar cookies, shortbread, gingerbread) because they work best with a cookie that is smooth (no chocolate chips!) and doesn't puff up too much while baking. This time around I tried a Jell-O cookie recipe with them and it worked awesome! I came across the recipe on Pinterest and you can find it here. She has two recipes for these cookies on her site...I kind of did a combination of the two for mine!
A couple tips for Jell-O cookies.....
- use a scoop to make the balls uniform size (I usually use the smallest Pampered Chef scoop for cookies)
- the dough is soft, but shouldn't be sticky
- after rolling the balls in sugar, place on cookie sheet and squish with the cookie stamp
- dust your cookie stamp in flour BEFORE squishing each ball (trust me on this one!); just make sure you tap the excess flour off before squishing
- let them cool on the pan for a while before transferring them to a cooling rack
- these cookies shouldn't be brown on the bottom
Let me know how yours turn out if you try them. Happy baking and have an inspired day!