Thursday, March 4, 2010

What's Cookin'?

Happy Thursday!  Tonight is a good TV night, so you need a quick and easy supper for your family...right?  Well, have I got a great idea for you!  Two words...Cheeseburger Pie.


Yum!  I promise it's easy and good!  And, I'll share the recipe (from Jean Pare's "The Cheese Book") at the end of this post.

I think this would be a great meal to bring to someone who just had a baby, bought a new house, is recovering from surgery or just because!  It's filling and satisfying and has a little bit of a bite (depending what kind of salsa you use).  I always pair it with something green, like a salad, peas or green beans.


As you can see, I paired it with a simple salad when our family had this meal a couple days ago.  The salad is Green Leaf Lettuce, Cucumber (quartered and sliced thin) and a couple Green Onions chopped up.  Then I mix a couple tablespoons of some sort of dill dressing (Dilly Dip or Cucumber Dill dressing) in with everything and give it a good toss.  Quick, easy and a big hit at our house!

And, now that I have your mouth watering, here's the recipe for the Cheeseburger Pie.



Cheeseburger Pie

Crust
1 1/2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2-3/4 cup Milk

Filling
1 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
2 cups Grated Cheese (I use the already grated Tex Mex cheese from Kraft)
3/4 cup Salsa
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper

Combine the dry ingredients for the crust.  Gradually add in enough milk so a soft dough forms.  Knead 8 times on a lightly floured surface and roll out to fit a 9 inch pie plate.  Press the dough into a greased pie plate.

Scramble fry the ground beef and onion until no pink remains.  Drain off excess grease.  Add 1 cup of the cheese and the rest of the ingredients.  Stir and scoop into the crust.

Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.  Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes (if you bake it too long, the crust will get hard, so watch that you don't overbake it).



Go ahead and get started...your family is hungry!  Or, make a quick thank you, thinking of you, congratulations or get well card and take a batch of this to a special friend.  If you give it a try, leave me a comment and let me know how it turns out.

Enjoy and have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!