Monday, July 25, 2011

Butterflies and Post-Its

The last time I went to one of my upline's meetings, I participated in a fabulous swap.  My friend Winonna swapped a great little post-it holder and I knew I was going to make it with my clubs!  So, that is just what we did in June.


Now, I know it uses retired DSP, but remember, we made these in June!  Here's a look at it open.


We used the Strength and Hope set...that's the set that Stampin' Up! is donating money to the Breast Cancer Research Organization for each set sold (wood, clear and digital).  For some reason, I feel the need to use colors other than pink with this set!!!  This time we used Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade.  And, to create the effect we did the Rock & Roll technique.  Here's a closer look.


Here's another little tip.  See how the butterfly is kind of popping off the page?  Well, it kind of is!!!  It's cut out, wings curled and then glued in with a little Tombow in the middle of the wings.  I know what you're thinking...cutting those antenna out would be painful.  Well, I 'm here to save the day!!!  The antenna were stamped first, then when the butterfly was cut out the antenna were cut off.  When you glue the butterfly back on you glue it so the antenna are in the right spot.  Easy peasy!!!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!