Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Splash of Color

A while back I got together with my downline members and we stamped all afternoon making samples with new catalogue stuff.  We had a blast and finished the day with a boatload of fun samples to showcase!  My card today was one of the ones I designed for everyone that day.


The first thing I thought of when I first saw this stamp set in our pre-order was the technique Emboss Resist!  I had a vision of this card...it didn't quite come out the way I had originally planned, but it came out better!

I started by embossing the image with clear embossing powder on some Always Artichoke designer paper.  Then I rubbed a sponged inked with Soft Suede ink over the embossed image.  The result is what you see here...


The DSP shows through the embossing because it resists the ink!  Love it!  When I was all finished it looked like it was missing something.  I thought it needed a splash of color, so I punched some cute little flowers from Cajun Craze cardstock.  They were scrunched and peeled apart, they layered together so that they have a fuzzy kind of look.  They're finished off with some itty bitty pearls.  Perfect!

Did you notice the fancy edge?  It's done with a new punch...the Lace Ribbon Border Punch.  Yep, you're gonna be seeing a LOT of this punch!!!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!