Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rock 'n Roll

Hi Stampers!  It's the first Tuesday of the month which means it's discount day at the grocery store AND it's Technique Tuesday!  Could it get any more exciting?!?!?!?!


This month I'm going back to basics again and doing the Rock 'n Roll technique.  This is a fairly simple technique to stamp a solid image in more than one color.
  •  Start by choosing a solid image stamp
  • Choose 2-3 colors.  Choose colors that are dynamic duos (two shades of the same color for a monochromatic look) or colors that compliment each other.
  • Open your ink pads and arrange them lightest to darkest.  This is important so you don't wreck your ink pads.
  • Ink up your stamp with the lightest color.  Rock and roll it in the next color and repeat with a third color if you chose 3!
On the card pictured below, I used the medium star from the Bright & Beautiful set for the technique.  I inked my stamp in Crushed Curry, then rocked and rolled it in Rose Red and finally Blackberry Bliss.


I did up a video so you can see me doing the technique and follow along in real time!


I do have some helpful tips for you to be successful with this technique.
  • always choose a solid image stamp for this technique
  • choose 2 or 3 ink colors.  More than 3 gets a little hard to see all the colors on your image
  • try and choose an image that fits on the ink pad to make it easier
  • you get a very different look with the new foam pads than you get if you are using the old felt pads
Here's another card done with this technique.  This time I used the solid flower from the Mixed Bunch set with Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant.

ooooh eeeee...check out all those Rhinestones in the middle of the flower!

All the products I used on both cards today are available in my online store.  Head on over there to place your order today.  Or, if you would rather not order online you can always contact me to place an order.  If you like what you see and are Canadian, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Please contact me and we can get your creative journey started!

Have an inspired day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!