This month I'm going back to basics again and doing the Rock 'n Roll technique. This is a fairly simple technique to stamp a solid image in more than one color.
- Start by choosing a solid image stamp
- Choose 2-3 colors. Choose colors that are dynamic duos (two shades of the same color for a monochromatic look) or colors that compliment each other.
- Open your ink pads and arrange them lightest to darkest. This is important so you don't wreck your ink pads.
- Ink up your stamp with the lightest color. Rock and roll it in the next color and repeat with a third color if you chose 3!
I did up a video so you can see me doing the technique and follow along in real time!
I do have some helpful tips for you to be successful with this technique.
- always choose a solid image stamp for this technique
- choose 2 or 3 ink colors. More than 3 gets a little hard to see all the colors on your image
- try and choose an image that fits on the ink pad to make it easier
- you get a very different look with the new foam pads than you get if you are using the old felt pads
|ooooh eeeee...check out all those Rhinestones in the middle of the flower!|
All the products I used on both cards today are available in my online store. Head on over there to place your order today. Or, if you would rather not order online you can always contact me to place an order. If you like what you see and are Canadian, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. Please contact me and we can get your creative journey started!
Have an inspired day!