Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Third Week of Christmas: Mmmmmm!

So, you're all probably wondering if I dropped off the face of the Earth! I'm still here and lets just say I can totally understand why that guy took hostages at the WCB offices in Edmonton last week...and I'm not even the one in the family who is hurt and dealing with them!


In any case, let's get on with the Christmas projects! I have The Third Week project for you today and then will post the Fourth Week project in the next couple days to get caught up. Thanks for bearing with me!


Today, I'm going to show you how I turned this...


Into this...
Step 1 is to empty the can and have a little snack! LOL!! It's important to keep your energy up during those late night stamping sessions!!

Ok, so I got out my package of Merry Moments DSP, chose a pattern and cut it to 8 1/2 x 10. I sponged the top and bottom edges with Chocolate Chip classic ink and wrapped it around the can using Sticky Strip to secure it. Now it's time for the fun part...EMBELLISHING!!!!! I cut a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock and wrapped it around the can, securing it with Sticky Strip. I then cut a strip of coordinating DSP and secured it around the strip of cardstock, again securing it with Sticky Strip.

The label was made with Very Vanilla cardstock. I used the Sweet Season stamp set and colored the image I wanted with Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Real Red Stampin' Write Markers. I used a label holder from the Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware set and bent it around the can.


**TIP: Bend the label holder around the can near the bottom of the can. This is becuase the can is actually cardboard and can possible bend or break if you put too much pressure on it. It's much more stable around the bottom where the cardboard meets the metal bottom.**


After stamping, I punched it out with the Designer Label Punch and glued the cardstock into the label holder. The whole thing is attached to a piece of the yummy Real Red Polka Dot Ribbon (I flipped the ribbon over and used the no polka dots side). I *heart* that ribbon! Then I tied the ribbon around the strip of DSP. Cute, eh?

Now the lid. I took a piece of another print from the Merry Moments DSP and spritzed it with Stampin' Mist. I would have used water, but was feeling a bit lazy and just grabbed what was in front of me! After spritzing the DSP, I put it over the can and put the lid on, then gently gathered the DSP up over the lid and tied a piece of Double-Stitched Chocolate Chip Ribbon around it to keep it in place. The cool thing is that when the paper is damp you can bend and mold it the way you want it and it will dry in that position. You have to be very careful though, because when the DSP is damp it tears easily.


Now that I've shown you the project, you're probably wondering what to put in it. Well, how about these...

YUMMY!! I figured it's the season of cookie exchanges and giving and who wouldn't love to get some yummy cookies in a container like this? If you use one of those scoops from Pampered Chef (that look like ice cream scoops, but you can get them in different sizes) for your cookies they will all come out the same size. I used the middle sized one for my cookies. Anyway, you can create a stack of cookies and put them into a tall cello bag (so they don't taste like Pringles!), they will just slide right into your fancy tin.


Mmmmmm! Now that I've made you drool all over your keyboard and crave cookies, I will share the recipe! It's the Original Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I use it all the time and my cookies never last longer than a couple days...I guess that means they're good!


As always, if you want to order any of the supplies I used for this project, you can on my website or you can email me your order (sorry, Canadians only). Until next time my friends...

1 comment:

  1. Lisa...this is worth waiting for! Thanks for all of your inspiration and your willingness to share it with us!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!