Monday, November 2, 2009

The Fourth Week of Christmas-Noel

It's time for the fourth week of Christmas and I have a cute Home Decor project for you. Drum roll please.........


I took these pictures at night, so they're not the best, but you get the idea. I used round coasters for this project. They are covered with the Christmas Cocoa DSP from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. I chose colors right out of the DSP...Soft Suede, Real Red, Whisper White and Sahara Sand. I used the Scallop Circles #2 die and my Big Shot to cut scalloped circles for the fronts of the coasters.



The letters n, e & l are all cut from Long Board Chipboard covered with cardstock. For a little visual interest, the 'n' has some Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon tied around it. The 'e' has 3 Vintage Brads beside it and the 'l' is covered in Real Red Chunky Glitter so it has a little bling!



The o is stamped with the wreath stamp from the Berry Christmas set with Sahara Sand and Soft Suede ink. I stamped the image two times in each color each time off setting it a bit. Then I stamped the little berry image with Real Red ink. Just off set from the berries are Real Red buttons (Playground Buttons) tied with a little piece of Linen Thread and attached with Mini Glue Dots.

Once you're done decorating the fronts of the coasters, you need to join them together. I used the Real Red Polka Dot ribbon again (flipped over to the plain side...the polka dots made it just too busy!). At the top of the ribbon, I made a little loop for hanging it and also tied a bow with Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon (again flipped over to the plain side). At the bottom of the ribbon it's dove tailed, for no other reason other than it's a cute way to finish off the ribbon! The backs of the coasters are finished off with 4-inch circles of Sahara Sand cardstock cut with the Circle Scissor Plus.

There you have it! A little home decor project for you. The best part is, you can do this project with any holiday word or phrase. You have it hang vertically as I have, or you can make it into a garland. The possibilities are endless.


As always, you can place an order through my website for anything I used to make this project (sorry, Canadians only!), or you can email me to place an order.


Until next time my friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!