Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Family

Usually my scrapbook club completes a double page spread each month, but this month I decided to switch it up a bit and do a fun project with them.


What a fun little project it was!  It's a little mini album in a mini CD case.  I decided to go with a familiy theme so everyone in the group would be able to use it!  I used some retiring DSP (I think it's the Pink Flamingo one) for the cover.  I just love the Summer Sun floral print in this pack!   I accented with Real Red, Old Olive and a lot of Chocolate Chip.

My flower accent was done with the Jumbo Flower punch that was in the Occasions mini (you can still order this punch and it will be available in the new catalogue).  I used the small oval punch for the leaves and the center of the flower was done with Summer Sun and one of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch.  I finished it off with a Build-A-Brad (in Antique Brass...retiring), but I didn't put anything on my Build-A-Brad...you could say it's a naked Build-A-Brad!!!!  *wink*  Maybe I should fuzz it out so it wont' be embarrassed by being naked on my blog...hee, hee!  *grin*


Ohhhheeee, check out the texture on that flower!  To achieve this, you want to "punch and scrunch", then sponge!

The inside pulls out like an accordion.  Here's a closer look at how I finished off the inside.


From left to right this is what I did...Real Red narrow grosgrain, a heart Bitty Button with a Bitty circle behind it, Bitty Flowers with a Real Red brad, chipboard flower inked with Summer Sun Craft ink.

It's perfect to hold a picture of all my boys...Kevin included!  I think I will fill it with some fun pictures and take it to Convention with me so I can see my family every day that I'm gone!

Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!