Thursday, June 24, 2010

Teacher Thank Yous

Good morning!  I had some of those scratch paper holders from this post all ready to go for my kids' teachers, but they informed me that they wanted to give their teachers flowers.  Seriously?  I was all excited because I had things ready to go early...but they looked so cute saying they wanted to give flowers and they obviously had put some thought into what they wanted to give, so  I caved!  And, we went shopping for flowers last night.  I'll save the scratch paper holders for next year and maybe give them at the beginning of the year just becuase!  Thankfully I didn't get around to making personalized paper for the holders yet!!!

So, after we got back from shopping, and the kids were tucked into their beds, I set out out to make a fabulous box/bag/thing to hold the flowers.  Here's what I came up with (sorry about glare in the pictures...there's too much sun first thing in the morning for pictures and not enough late at night!!!).




Aren't they fabulous?!?  I think the teachers were more excited about the box than the plant, and I made it so they can reuse the box for another gift if they want.  You probably want the details, right?  I'll make another one tonight and take pictures as I go, then post the tutorial tomorrow.

Here's how the plant fit into the box.


Each of the teachers got an African Violet, and the boys had quite a process for deciding which teacher got each color!  I wrapped the pots in a little plastic wrap so the wouldn't wreck the boxes if they leaked a bit.  I finished them off with a matching tag which Carter signed.  Taylor's last day is next week, so his aren't done yet!


Of course, I couldn't give the gift without a card!  I was inspired by the flowers Julie over at Paper Pleasing Ideas has been making, so I incorporated her flowers into my project.


I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder for the background and the Island Floral die in the Summer Mini for the flower. The flower was cut from So Safron cardstock and sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink.  The leaves are done with the Large Oval punch and Old Olive cardstock, and the center is the biggest flower from the Boho Blossoms punch.  It's finished off with a Build-A-Brad and a half back pearl.  The ribbon I used is the Apricot Appeal Narrow Grosgrain.  I'm sad this one is retiring becuase it goes so well with So Saffron!  The flower and leaves are punched and scrunched and then rubbed with ink to create dimension.  My sentiment was stamped with So Saffron craft ink.


Well, that's all for today!  I'll be back tomorrow with a tutorial for the box for you.  Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!