Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Feeling Patriotic

Hello!  It's almost Canada Day.  The kids are looking forward to going to the fireworks and I'm looking forward to a day off!  *wink*  When Taylor was little he asked what Canada Day was and we told him that it's the day we celbrate Canada's birthday.  Ever since then, he sings Happy Birthday to Canada every year on Canada Day...and he has taught his brothers this too, so they all sing.  It's cute!

Anyway, today I'm going to share the latest Mantle Message I did.


I can't believe how many designs I tried before I settled on this one!  It's pretty simple, but perfect for Canada Day.  Like the rest of my Mante Messages, it's done on square coasters.  I alternated stamped white and plain red squares, and all of them have been sponged with Real Red ink on the edges.  The letters were done with Basic Black and cut with my beloved Big Shot.  The squares are joined together with Double Stitched Real Red Ribbon...get it while you can people.  As of July 1, there will be no more Double Stitched Ribbon in the catalogue!  Here's a closer look at the letters.


That's all for today! Happy Stampin' and have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!