Friday, October 8, 2010

Over the Top Spooky

Today I have another treat holder to share with you.  This one is made with the new Candy Wrapper die in the Holiday Mini.  It's a bit over the top, because I just couldn't stop adding stuff, but you could definitely simplify it to mass produce if you wanted.


I know...OMG!!!!!  So, I started with a half sheet of Basic Gray cardstock, cut it with the Candy Wrapper die and then embossed it with the Spider Web embossing Folder.  I will say that at this point it was cute, but I decided to make it extra special to give to someone extra special!

I gently rubbed wome White craft ink over the embossed web to give it some dimension.  Then I smooched it with Silver Foil Smooch and finally spritzed it with my Basic Black Marker and the Color Spritzer Tool.  The ends of it are tied shut with some Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon and there's a piece of Raven Lace Trim (aka Lingere Lace *wink*) that I placed in the knot (it's not really tied, and can be pulled out if I want).

So, again, at this point it's cute...even cuter than before...but I still thought it needed a little something else!


I punched out a bat (love the Bitty Bat punch!) and then punched around it with the Wide Oval (so the bat is in the middle of the oval).  This piece is smooched, again with the Silver Foil which creates a fun effect on the Basic Black cardstock.  Then I punched an oval out of the Wicked Fun DSP so that the "spooky" would show through the oval shape and stuck it behind the bat.  The whole thing is put on a Decorative Label punched piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.  It was punched out of Rich Razzleberry and sponged around the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink.  That whole piece is also attached to the box with more Stampin' Dimensionals.

Wow!  Yep, it's over the top for sure, but I love it.  It's definintely not a mass producable project, but it works for someone special!

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!