Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I'm at a craft sale meeting new friends and booking some workshops!  I don't have any stamping stuff to share today, so I thought I would share our Thanksgiving weekend with you.

Canadian Thanksgiving was last Monday, which meant a long weekend!!!!  We had a great weekend with my parents who came down for the occasion.


As you can see, I have a child who loves to be the center of attention!!!!  Check out this turkey...


Oooooh...it was so good.  Kevin injected it with a butter and herb concoction.  Honestly, my mouth is watering as I type this!

One of our traditions at Thanksgiving is the dessert.  Kevin and I are not really fans of Pumpkin Pie.   It's a texture thing...at least for me it is...becuase I still love the taste of pumpkin.  So a few years back I came across a recipe for Pumpkin Cake and gave it a try.  It is the BEST cake.  So it's now our tradition to have Pumpkin Cake every year at Thanksgiving...and I only make it at Thanksgiving (much to my family's dismay!).  Check it out...but be warned that you may drool on your keyboard!


I know...I warned you!!!!!

I will be back tomorrow with a simple Christmas card to share.  Have an inspired day!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a Fabulous Family & Feast! Can you post the recipe for the Pumpkin Cake? Thanks for Sharing, Inspiring, have a Great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I found your blog today from LNS Stampers, But seriously could you post the pumpkin cake recipe it looks simply AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!