Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rum

I bet you're wondering where I'm going with my title today, right?  LOL!!!  I decided that since it's been over a year since we went on the Southern Caribbean Cruise with Stampin' Up!, I should get my scrapbook done. In fact, the last time I did a cruise page was here...yikes, last May! So I dug out my stuff and set a goal to have it done in the next month.  And, I started with the pictures from our tour of the Mount Gay Rum Distillery in Barbados.


The day we were in Barbados happened to be Kevin's birthday, so I asked him (when we were planning excursions) what he wanted to do that day.  And, he chose this!  I mentioned it to my upline and her husband and they were interested too, so we planned an excursion that included a tour and lunch.  It was a GREAT day, and I learned a lot.  The process of making rum reminds me a lot of wine making.  I had no idea!


I took my colors right from the Mount Gay logo and colors...cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black.  And, I kept my pictures a pretty standard size...just a hair smaller than 4x6 and the two smaller ones are 4x3.

My favorite part of the page is my journalling!  I had this picture of a HUGE bottle of rum that I wanted to include, but didn't want it to stand out.  So, I put my journalling on vellum and stuck it over the picture.


To do this, you want to figure out how big of a journalling area you want.  Then I opened Word, made a text box and sized it to the size I needed.  Then I filled it with my journalling.  I chose a bolder font and kept it black so that it wouldn't be overpowered by the picture underneath it.  **TIP**  Before printing on vellum, go into your printer settings and change your paper type to transparency.  By doing this, your printer will adjust the amount of ink or toner it uses so you get a perfect result.  Then to attach my journalling to the picture I poked two holes through all the layers and stuck the vellum on with one of those fabulous little safety pins from the Vintage Trinkets!  For a little added interest, I tied a small scrap of Daffodil Delight narrow taffeta ribbon on the pin.  I also used some of the little button brads from the Vintage Trinkets to jazz up my pages a little.

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!