Thursday, June 2, 2011

Glam Rock!

Did you hear that?  That sound was me squealing with delight when this card was finished!!!!!!


My very special niece is turning 13 TOMORROW!!!!  I can't believe that she's 13...although I'm sure her mom is having a MUCH harder time believing that than I am!  I wanted to do a really special card for this momentous occasion.  I know that she plays the guitar, so I wanted to incorporate guitars into the card somehow.  Since I don't have the Grunge Rock set (was my first choice for the card), I went with the Extreme Guitar set.


My color scheme for this card is Eggplant Envy, Melon Mambo and Old Olive.  I added some of the music paper from the Newsprint DSP (man, I'm gonna miss that DSP pack!), which I scrunched and crumpled and tore a bit.  It's layered with a piece of embossed Old Olive which I cut with the Tasteful Trim die.

I added a Melon Mambo scallop circle which is layered with a Very Vanilla circle which I collage stamped with the Extreme Elements set. 


Now the focal point...this is the part that made me squeal!!!!  I mean, what 13 year old, guitar playing girl wouldn't LOVE a pink glittered rock star...right?  I stamped the rock star with Versamark ink and then used some Heat & Stick Powder on it.  Once it was heated and good and sticky, I dumped some fine pink glitter all over it, shook off the excess and then cut it out!  I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!  After it was cut out, I added it to the card with some a lot of Stampin' Dimensionals.

I even decorated the inside of this card!


I'm thrilled with the way this card turned out and I hope she loves it as much as I do!  My friend Sherri brainstormed this card with me, so I have to say a HUGE thank you to her.

What do you think?

Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. That turned out FANTASTIC!

    Definitely cool rocker chick all the way. Glam rock indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!