Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ROAR!!!

I've decided that I'm going to try and share some digital projects with you on Tuesdays.  I know that quite a few of you have purchased My Digital Studio (MDS) and I figure I should share what I've done with it...and who knows, maybe inspire you!  You may be wondering why I chose Tuesdays.  Well, Tuesday is the day that Stampin' Up! releases new digital downloads...yep, every Tuesday they release new downloads!  Super fun!!!

Yesterday I mentioned that I had taken two road trips to Edmonton with  my kids for some stamping events and that my parents looked after them when I was busy.  The first weekend, they took the boys to Jurassic Forest for a dinosaur adventure...and they had a BLAST!!!  The boys still haven't stopped talking about it!  My brother and his little one went along for the fun (my boys were thrilled to see their cousin!) and he was nice enough to take some pictures of my kids and email them to me so I decided to do up a digital layout.


My background is Basic Black with one of the hip and handsome overlays in Wild Wasabi over it.  You can't really see the overlay well in the picture, but it's there!  I changed the opacity of it to 40% so it's going to be subtle when it's printed, but it will be just enough to add a little bit of oomph to the background.  You also may notice a subtle fuzziness around my letters.  I added a white drop shadow to them and made it bigger than the default setting.

To make this page, you will need the following downloads:
-Hip & Handsome Overlays
-Letters stamp set
-Tasteful Trim Shape 3
-Wild Wasabi Brads

Here's a little tip for you...I have made some digital books and a few single pages.  The books I have printed, but I have a file called Random Layouts saved in MDS which, when I get enough of them (there's a minimum of 5 single pages to get them printed), I will have them printed too.

Since it's Digital Tuesday, I also have some MDS classes I want to tell you about!

Getting Started with My Digital Studio
This is a FREE class where you can come, bring your laptop if you have one, and learn some tips and tricks as well as basic use of the program.  This class is good for people who have the program and people who may be thinking about purchasing the program.  This class will be on October 5 at 7:30pm.  Please RSVP for this class so I know how many chairs to have out!

Hybrid Calendar Class
In this class you will received a beautifully printed 2012 MDS Calendar which we will enhance with some fun embellishments.  The cost of this class is $35/calendar (you can do more than one if you want) and it will be held on November 1 at 7:30pm.  Registration for this class will close on October 11 to allow time for your calendars to be printed!    Registration fees MUST be received prior to October 11 or you will not be able to participate in the class.  I will have some pictures of the pages for you to see next week on Digital Tuesday!

If you're interested in coming to either of these classes, please contact me.  You can find today's digital downloads here.

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!