Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkins

Last week I had my final class in my Festive Frames series.  We did a fall themed frame and my word this time was pumpkin!



I started with a Bravo Burgundy background.  And, I have a little tip for you!  One of the benefits of our Clear Mount stamps is that you can quickly and easily make your own background stamps. 


I used one of my larger size blocks (Block E) and arranged three of the leaf stamps from the Gently Falling set on the block.  Now rather than having to stamp all three individually, I could just stamp all three at the same time and the end result is a beautiful background!

All of my squares are Crumb Cake sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I stamped some little acorns on the squares that have letters on them.  The acorn is another stamp from the Gently Falling set and the letters were cut from Soft Suede cardstock with my beloved Big Shot!!!

Here's a closer look at some of the other fun elements in the project.


To make these leaves, first cut them with the Leaves #2 Die and the Big Shot, them emboss with the Spider Web embossing Folder.  Sponge with a little bleach...emphasis on little...and when the bleach is dry sponge with Soft Suede ink.
Scarecrow is made from a variety of punches.  The "straw" is bits of linen thread.
The pumpkins are just circles (all from circle dies) which have been roughed up around the edges, sponged and layered together.  The stems are the Modern Label punch embossed with the Houndstooth embossing folder and the leaves are Always Artichoke Denim Ribbon.

I had loads of fun at this class and am thrilled with the final product!

Do you love those leaves on the background?  I am offering a Gently Falling Stamp Camp at the end of October.  At the class, you will receive the Gently Falling stamp set and make 4 cards (each with a different technique)!  You can see all the details on my Classes & Events page.  Please contact me to reserve your spot!

If you would like to see the whole series of Festive Frames, you can look here (Jingle), here (Freezin'), here (Spring) and here (Summer).

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!