Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Bug Day!

Today I have a fun scrapbook page to share with you!  Each month my scrapbook clubs complete a double lage layout based on a sketch.  This month, I was looking back through some old pictures (I don't scrapbook in order!) and came across some pictures from my youngest's first birthday!  I can't believe how little all three of my boys looked in these pictures!


As I often do, I based the theme of the party on a stamp set!  I do this becuase it's easy for me to coordinate everything, and this party was no exception!  I based this one on the retired "Bugs & Kisses" stamp set.  See how I even made the cakes match!!!

My title is a combination of stamping and chipboard letters (both of which have been retired).  I also did some stamping with the Bugs & Kisses stamp set.  I loved this set and got lots of use out of it...you can see how i stacked the bugs when I stamped them (bottom left corner).  I did so many stacked bug cards for birthdays when this set was current!

If you click on the picture to make it bigger, you will see the scalloped black edge on the left hand page.  That was done with the Scallop Dotted Ribbon...I just stuck the polka dot side down so the dots don't show.

And, finally, my journalling was done on a die cut shape.  It's one of the shapes in the Apothecary Accents Framelits (which you can find in the current Catalog on page 191!).

I have so many printed pictures to scrapbook!  I think this summer I'm going to try and get a lot of them onto pages and into albums!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!