Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rubber Boots & Puddles



Well, what a 24 hours it has been...4 confirmed tornadoes touched down, severe thunderstorms, hail, flooding, IN-SANE rain (like couldn't see across the street downpour at one point) in Southern Alberta last night.  Thankfully Lethbridge didn't see a tornado and from what I hear we didn't have flooding or hail, but we sure did get an awesome lightening show!  At one point I don't think the thunder even stopped...just lots of rumbling.  In our house we had restless dogs and kids and we were checking the weather channel frequently for updates in case we needed to head to the basement for cover.

With all this crazy weather going on, I think it's appropriate to share my card for the day...


I made this card for a swap I recently participated in.  I saw a similar design on Pinterest a while back and filed it away in my brain for future use!  There's a a few new products used on this card...the rubber boot image is from one of our new hostess sets, Happy You, and all the little banners were cut with the new Framelits set "Bitty Banners".  I colored my boot and the flowers with my Stampin' Write Markers, which for some reason is something I don't usually do!  I think I'm more of a watercolor colorer, but the markers were perfect to make this image bright!  I used a combination of textured cardstock and DSP for the banners...Soft Suede (cardstock), Pink Pirouette and Rose Red (DSP).  The tops of the banners are finished off with two layers of ribbon...Rose Red Seam Binging on the bottom and Pink Pirouette Taffeta on the top.

I purposely left a sentiment off this card because I think it could be used for a number of different occasions.  And, this swap was a full card swap so I figured if the recipients wanted to use this card in the future, they could stamp whatever sentiment they needed!

So, what do you think?  Do you love it?

Yesterday was Tuesday which means there was new digital downloads.  You can check them out here.  There are some on there that I will be getting...the new In Color DSP and the camping stamp set brush.  What about you?  And, before I forget, make sure you update your MDS to the latest version so you can get the new In Colors and start creating with them!

Have an inspired day!



1 comment:

  1. I love it!! And my Happy You arrived today! Glad you hear you are safe after last night! It was scary here in the city, I can't imagine what it must have been like down in LA.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!