Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bird on a Branch

Did you notice some changes on my blog?  I've updated the header to be more springy and also my signature...it was time to get rid of the snow!  I've also added some new pages!  You can find the links to these pages under the Header.  Some of the pages are still under construction, so be sure to check back on them in the upcoming weeks!  Anyway, on to the fun for today!

It's Simple Card Sunday and today I'm going to share a simple card that Angela and her guests made at her workshop last week!


I used my favorite Note Cards with Envelopes again, and 2 punches!  The circle was punched with the 1 3/4 Circle Punch from So Saffron cardstock.  The edges were sponged with More Mustard ink.

The bird and branch is punched with the new bird punch in the Occasions Mini.  The bird is punched from Not Quite Navy, the wing is Bella Bleu DSP and the Branch is Old Olive cardstock.  The bird and wing were sponged with Not Quite Navy ink and the branch with Old Olive ink.

For a little dimension, the wing is put on the bird with a Stampin' Dimensional.


The sentiment I chose is from the Whimsical Words SAB set...sorry you can't get it anymore, but you could use any sentiment in your collection for this card.  I'm mourning the retirement of this set and hope that we see more like it in the new catalogue in July!  I stamped the sentiment with Basic Gray ink on my card.

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!