Saturday, April 10, 2010

Marathon Man

Happy Saturday!  I dug through my stash of scrapbook pages to find today's layout to share with you. 


I wanted to share this particular layout because I used two former In Colors that are coming back in July...Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango!  In addition to those two colors, I chose two neutrals to balance the page out a bit...Basic Gray and Naturals White.  I chose all my colors right from the pictures themselves for this layout.

The base of the pages is Basic Gray stamped with the Sanded Background stamp and sponged around the edges with Basic Gray ink.  I thought this made it look kind of like cement or the road that my brother was running on!  The Tangerine Tango pieces are stamped with a little running shoe (sorry, I can't remember the set and it's now retired).  The outside corners of these pieces were rounded to soften them up a bit.  The pictures are mounted on Pacific Point.

Check out the little embellishment I did on the pages...


I used the large oval punch and punched an oval from Tangerine Tango cardstock.  I layered a Pacific Point Corduroy Button and Silver jumbo Brad together and then stuck them on the oval.  The ovals are placed just off the page a bit and trimmed flat to line up with the edge of the page.  While we don't have Pacific Point Corduroy Buttons anymore, I'm sure come July we will see some other fabulous embellishments with that color!

And, finally today, I want to leave you with this.



I know...you want one now!!!!

Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. Your puppy is absolutely adorable! He is such a little heart breaker. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!