Monday, April 19, 2010

Break Out the Cake

Carter was invited to a birthday party this weekend, and he asked for a special card becuase he really likes the birthday girl (he tells me that "she's so nice")!  I've been super busy, so rather than start from scratch, I decided to have a look through my stash and found one of the cards I made for my demo in Calgary at the beginning of March.


I started with a 6x6 piece of Certainly Celery cardstock and stamped with a fun design using the Circle Circus set and Certainly Celery ink.

The middle strip is a piece of So Saffron, and some squares of Shades of Spring DSP (remember, you only have until the end of the month to order this DSP from the Occasions Mini).  Over top that is a piece of Window Sheet (I used the medium ones here) and it is attached with a little bit of adhesive (behind the birthday cake) and then the Certainly Celery brads on either end.


The sentiment is a rub on, which was white until I made it yellow by sponging Summer Sun classic ink over it (see this post for more detailed instructions).


And, finally the focal point of the card...the cake!


It's from the Bitty Birthday set.  I stamped it with Black StazOn on Watercolor Paper, and then watercolored it with Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Basic Gray classic pads and an Aqua Painter.  I then used a Two-Way Glue Pen where the icing is and applied some yummy pink glitter!  It's so sparkly in real life!  I mounted the cake on Basic Gray cardstock and then stuck it to the card with some dimensionals to really make it pop.

Well, that's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. The card is displayed proudly in her room because it is her special card from Carter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!