Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home Again

I'm back!  I hope you enjoyed  my quick posts in my countdown to the Summer Mini while I was gone.  I have so many more ideas for products and stamps in the mini that I can't wait to share with you. 

So, where am I back from?  Well, Kevin and I spent last week on a cruise ship in the Caribbean on Stampin' Up!'s dime!!!  Every year Stampin' Up! has an incentive trip and last year I earned it which is why I was cruising.  It was so fun.   The food was fantastic, the daily naps were wonderful, the entertainment was fun, the places we visited and things we did were a blast, the people we met and the friends we made were awesome and it was great to just relax!  Although it's hard to come home and have to cook and do my own laundry and clean again!!!

Everyone who earned the trip had this magnet on our stateroom door when we got on the ship.  It was so awesome to walk down the hallway of the ship past all the doors with magnets.  There was about 200 demonstrators who earned the trip that were there with a spouse or friend in addition to the Stampin' Up! corporate team.  Kevin and I even had a late lunch with Shelli (the co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!) one afternoon!  She walked by and we had empty seats at our table so she sat down and joined us.  The three of us had a wonderful chat about the cruise, life and a little bit of business!


Here's our ship.  We were on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas.  It was amazing!  I played Mini Golf in the middle of the Caribbean...the rocking of the boat and the wind while sailing add a whole new dimension to mini golf!


We went to five islands on our cruise...Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten & St. Croix.  My favorite place was St. Lucia.  It was a gorgeous island and I would definitely go back!  In St. Lucia, we went zip lining through the rain forest.  There was 11 lines in total that we zipped on...I was so nervous on that first line (my knees were wobbly!), but it was fantastic and I'm so glad I did it!


In St. Maarten we went to this beach.


Yes, that's a real plane coming over the beach!  The planes land at the airport on the other side of the road from the beach.  Wild!  It was crazy to be sitting there and have planes so close overhead!

It was a great trip.  After 31 degrees everyday, we're really cold here at home with this ridiculous snow we're getting!  And, we both still feel like we're rocking!   Despite that, we're happy to be home.

Well, that's all for today!  I don't have any stamping to share because the only stamping I did last week on the ship I'm not allowed to show you yet...we got to use one of the new In Colors and a new stamp set that won't be released until July!  I will say that you are going to LOVE the new Color Coach and the new In Colors are great!

I will be back later this week with some stamping to share.  Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on earning the trip! Looks like it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!