Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Mini Book

Hello everyone!  What a crazy week I had last week!  It took me a while to get back into the swing of things after we got back and then I was busy prepping for Scrapfest (I'll post more about Scrapfest another day...it was so fun!).  The girls at Scrapfest got to do two projects, and today I'm going to share the project the participants did during the day.


Isn't it cute!  It's a mini book made from one sheet of DSP.  There's lots of versions of these floating around out there on the web.  I was inspired by the fabulous Becky Roberts over at Inking Idaho for mine and used her version/tutorial.

I used the Pawsitively Prints DSP, Pumpkin Pie, Brocade Blue (sniff, sniff...this color is retiring at the end of June and I will really miss it!), and Whisper White.  I didn't want to use any really dimensional embellishments for this project so I kept it to ribbon...Brocade Blue wide Grosgrain (sniff, sniff...again, retiring) and Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon.  The spine of the book is embellished with some Jumbo Eyelets and ribbon.  And, to finish it off, I used punches...Designer Label, Itty Bitty Punch Pack (the circle), 1/2" Circle and my Crop-a-Dile.

I chose to do very little stamping on this project.  The little bit I did was done with the new Rough Type alphabet in the Summer Mini and Brocade Blue ink (sniff, sniff).

Here's a look at the inside pages.


I chose to put pictures of my boys on each page and on the pages facing the pictures are tags where I can journal.  Each page is embellished differently with a punch and stamped with their name.  Each tag is embellished differently.

This was a really fun project!  I had a blast making it and I know the girls at Scrapfest had a blast with it too!

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! This is awesome...I have some great ideas for making one....I sure wish I could have been there...can you do another one next weekend?

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!