Thursday, November 11, 2010

Countdown to Christmas-Week 7

I have a sewing project for this week's Countdown project.  When I was making my rag bag from this post, my brain was swimming with ideas for the rest of my fabric.  I did use the Deck the Halls fabric for some little ornaments here, but like my Candy Cane fabric, it was just sitting on my desk.  So, when I finished my bag, I started on a tree skirt for my mini Christmas tree!


I used the Pennant die for this project and cut out 8 of the large pennants (4 of each of the green fabric).  Then I simply sewed them together with the scallops out so that they would fray over time and look vintagey (is that even a word?!?...it is now!!!) and worn.  After they were sewen together, I cut the tips off the pennants to create a space for them to go around the tree.

Where each of the pennants meets, I stuck a scallop circle (also cut with the Pennant die) on with an Antique Brad...nothing fancy, just pushed the brad through the fabric the same way we use them on paper.


Did you notice all the fun little ornaments on the tree?  It's decorated for the Craft Sale my friend Sherri and I will be at this Saturday.  Come get check out the ornaments and the rest of our display between 9 and 3 at the Fritz Sick Memorial Center.  We are decorating our table half Candy Cane and half Deck the Halls...right down to our new Simply Adorned Jewellery!!!  We would love to see you so come on down.

That's all for today.  Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!