Saturday, November 27, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday is Back!!!

I'm working on organizing my pictures and then getting some serious scrapbooking done.  My new scrapbook club started this week and I think this is what is inspiring me!

Here's my layout...


I went way back in my stash of pictures for this one...Carter is now 6 1/2!  Oh, how time flies!  It seems like just yesterday I was making that monkey cake.  It was a banana cake with chocolate icing...yum!

I started with an Early Espresso base for my page.  Then I layered some of the Very Vanilla DSP I used the stripe, but you can't really see it in the picture).  My pictures are matted with Marina Mist cardstock.  I really like this color combination and will definitely be using it again in the future.  Don't you think it would make a great combination for a baby boy card or a masculine birthday card?



I love the title part of this layout.  I used some chipboard letters in my stash and of course buttons! 


Ya'll know how much I love buttons!  I used Crumb Cake & Early Espresso buttons from the Neutrals pack and a Marina Mist button from the Subtles pack.  Each of the buttons has some linen thread tied through it.  If you go back and look at the whole layout, you will see I used the buttons on the other page too...same colors, just different buttons.



Take a look at the strip of Early Espresso cardstock that goes across the middle of the page.  It was cut with the Tasteful Trim die, which you can find in the Holiday Mini.  A little story...at first I was set against this die and I thought I didn't need it.  Then I started seeing projects done with it and decided to order it.  Best thing I did!  Once I started using it, I found more and more ways to use the different trims from the die.  Seriously, this is a "must have" die for your collection!  Get it while you can before the mini is done on Jan 3!

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!