Thursday, November 25, 2010

Countdown to Christmas-Week 9

I *heart* the project I'm sharing with you today.  This is actually a class I'm doing tomorrow night and it's the first in a series of classes I will be doing throughout the next year.


Throughout the year we will be making different seasonal inserts for the frame.  So fun!!!

I started with a piece of Soft Suede cardstock, which I stamped with the Jolly Jingles jumbo wheel in the Holiday Mini.  I used a Soft Suede ink cartridge with the wheel.  Then I cut some 3x3 squares of Very Vanilla cardstock.  Some of them are layered with Cherry Cobbler and some are layered with Old Olive.  The Cherry Cobbler ones are stamped with the sweet little poinsettia image from Jolly Bingo Bits in Cherry Cobbler ink and topped with some Very Vanilla letters cut with my Big Shot!  All the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive squares are sponged around the edges.

Here are some close ups of some of the elements on the project.

The wreath...



The tree...


The ornament...ooooh, check out that bling!!!


And, finally the buttons.  I have a thing for buttons...they take me back to my childhood and my grandma's HUGE jar of buttons that my cousin's and I always played with. 


I will leave you with one more shot of the complete project.


Have an inspired day!



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!