Thursday, March 29, 2012

Try Something New

One of the things I love about being a demonstrator is the monthly magazine we get called Stampin' Success.  This magazine is exclusive to demonstrators and recently underwent a bit of a makeover!  I love the new format and all the new ideas that are included in this magazine...it makes my job a lot easier because I feel like I don't have to re-invent the wheel with my business because Stampin' Up! helps me with everything I need!

This last month, there was a technique in the Stampin' Success that caught my eye!  It's called Acrylic Distress and it's a super easy technique that packs a punch!


We explored this technique this month in my clubs...both my Stamp Clubs and my Scrapbook Clubs.  Basically you start with a piece of cardstock which you paint a thin layer of acrylic paint on.  Once the paint is dry, you run the cardstock through your Big Shot with an Embossing Folder (I used the Petals A Plenty folder for this project).  After that's done, you sand it and the paint ends up sanded off the raised parts of the design.  Once you're done sanding and have brushed off the dust, you can leave it as is, or you can rub some ink (in a contrasting color) over top of it.


Not only did I used the featured technique from Stampin' Success, but I used the same card they had in the article!  I changed it up a bit by using different colors and adding a whole lot of stamping fun to it...we're talking stamping, embossing, pearls, ribbon, twine, punching and DSP.  And, I have to say, I absolutely love the final result and I think my clubs liked this technique too!

Now, I have to say, time is running out for Sale-A-Bration!  Did you notice the stripe embossing on the card?  That embossing folder, while in the catalog, is one of the items you can get FREE during Sale-A-Bration.  Why would you want to pay for it if you can get it FREE!!!!!!  So, you need to go place a minimum $60 order so you can get this fun embossing folder free!  And, while you're doing that, you might want to consider doing what I do and joining my team of demonstrators!  During Sale-A-Bration, the demonstrator starter kit is only $150 AND  you will get a free pack of Designer Paper or a Digital Download each month for the rest of the year!  What a deal!!!!  I would love to have you join my team, so if you've been thinking of signing up, or just want more into, please contact me.

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!