Monday, January 14, 2013

Leadership was soooo fun!

Well, I've been absent for a while now, haven't I?  Between being sick over the holidays and then being away for Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Conference, it's been a busy time.  I do have some fun stuff to share though!

Near the end of last year, Stampin' Up! came out with their first ever app...the Simply Sent app (and, it's FREE!!!).  My travel buddy and stampin' sistah, Rose, downloaded it while we were in Orlando and here's one of the "cards" she made....


Right now the app is only available for iPhones :( (I don't have an iPhone), but I do know that Stampin' Up! is working on having it available for androids soon.  In the mean time, if you have an iPhone, be sure to download the app and start sending your friends and family cards!

Anyway, on to the project I want to share with you today.  I originally saw this project on Pinterest (are you on Pinterest yet?  If you are, you should follow me!) and I thought it was a perfect project.  So, I set out to "Stampin' Up!" it and here's what I came up with.


It's a memory jar!  Throughout the year we will write our memories down on the little slips of paper in the tin and pop them into the jar.  Then at the end of the year we will read through them all and remember what an amazing year we had!  I placed our jar on our side table in the main living room and so far everyone in the family is on board and excited about it.  As you can see, we even have some memories in there already!


The jar is a big ole pickle jar from the pickles my Grandma sent for us...which sadly makes our memories smell like pickles right now (despite me washing it multiple times!).  After washing, I spray painted the lid with some vanilla spray paint.  The focal point of the jar was actually pretty simple.  I started with a piece of DSP from the Tea for Two suite and cut it with one of the framelits from the Apothecary Arts set.  I also cut out 2013 from Basic Gray cardstock and stuck it on.  Over top of that is a piece of vellum that I cut with the Oval framelits and stamped on it.  It's attached to the jar with a piece of the luscious two toned ribbon from the Spring Catalog.  I LOVE this ribbon!  And to finish it off, I added one of the Tea Time charms.


Yes, I stamped all those letters...it's easier than you think!  After it was done, I thought we needed a cute container to hold some paper close by and of course a matching pen!


I covered an empty soup can and prettied it up!  The stamps, DSP and flower trim are all from the Tea for Two suite.  Check it out...it's awesome!

Well, that's all for today!  Have an inspired day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!