Saturday, January 19, 2013

Swappin' Crazy at Leadership

Im so excited!  Today is Soup & Stamps day!  I can't wait to spoil some of my customers with homemade soup and a fun stamping project tonight!  I will be sure to share the fun we had next week, so be sure to check back!

One of the best things about any Stampin' Up! event is swapping!  We make card fronts to trade with each other to get ideas.  This time I made 40 card fronts to take to Leadership with me...20 of each of two designs and they went quickly.  I got some fantastic swaps in return and I'm excited to use them on my displays and for classes!

Here's one of the swaps I made.


A while back I saw a similar card layout in Pinterest and filed it away in my brain for future use.  Turns out this layout works perfectly with the images in the new set, Spring Sampler (which I like to say is a cousin to Jolly Bingo Bits and Spooky Bingo Bits!).   It's a pretty simple and straightforward card, so I won't go into too much detail.  But, I will say the best thing to do is make a template so you know where to punch (and your circles end up in a straight line!).  And, you will want to punch those circles before you emboss.






After making this card for swapping at Leadership, and two other organized swaps I know have a huge amount of 1" Midnight Muse circles waiting to be used on something!

Speaking of Leadership, here's a little photo collage of some hilights for me!  One of the best parts was being able to attend Manager's Reception at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!  I loved how all the employees were "in character" ALL the time!  We had the place to ourselves...no lines, awesome food, all the rides we wanted and so many of my stampin' friends!  We were spoiled and it was the perfect evening!



So fun!  I miss Butter Beer already!

Have an inspired day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!