Friday, March 8, 2013

Soda Pop Tops....Squished

At first I wasn't sure about the Soda Pop Tops in the Spring catalog.  But, now that I have played around with them, I can say with confidence that I LOVE them!!!!  I do find them a little bulky, so I like to squish 'em for my projects!  This is a project I made for all my downline who attended the Calgary Regional last weekend.


I started with MDS and made the part that was going to go in the squished soda pop top.  I sized a circle punch to 1", filled it with some DSP and then added some hearts and a name.  Then I copied and pasted a bunch of times to get enough for all my downline that was attending the Calgary Regional last weekend.  After printing on whisper white cardstock, I punched them all out with my 1" punch and stuck them into the squished soda pop tops.  The next step is to fill the soda pop top with crystal effects and let it sit for a looooooooong time to dry...like 24 hours!  After they were dry, I punched a hole in them with my retired crop-a-dile and fed a chain through (I found the chain at my local craft store).  The final little touch was to tie a strip of the More Amore Designer Fabric on it.

These make perfect scissor charms......


They also are cute on a bag (in a room of hundreds or thousands of demonstrators with the same bag it's important to make yours a little different than the others!).  Some of my downline even put them on their lanyards along with their name tags for the day.

And, here's a little video showing you how to squish your Soda Pop Tops...it's easier than you think!


Go forth and squish your soda pop tops people...it's loads of fun!

Have an inspired day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!