Monday, March 25, 2013

Clear Blocks as Stamps?

Have you ever thought to use your clear blocks as stamps?  It's super fun and easy and you get a really interesting effect.  A couple months ago at one of my Best Of classes, I used this technique with the Best of Birthdays set.


I used the A, C and G blocks as stamps to create blocks of color on my card.  Then I embellished the blocks of color with some stamping or other embellishments (like a super fun button!).  I added a little bling...a rhinestone on the button and some Dazzling Details on the heart on the cupcake.  The whole card is finished off with some ribbon.

The fun thing about this technique is that it looks different each time depending how much ink you put on the block.  I especially love this technique with more masculine colors or nature colors because it gives a great natural looking texture kind of like rocks!  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Everything you need to make this card can be found in my online store, so head on over there with the shopping list to place your order!

Shopping List:
  • Carstock (Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit)
  • Ink (Pool Party, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit,  Basic Gray)
  • Stampin' Write Marker (Basic Gray, Primrose Petals)
  • Best of Birthdays stamp set
  • Basic Rhinestones
  • Itty Bitty Punch Pack
  • Primrose Petals ribbon
  • Dazzling Details (Cherry Cobbler)
  • Clear Blocks (A, C & G)
  • SNAIL Adhesive
Have an inspired day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!