Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Just Sayin'...It's Painter's Tape!

Today I have a really fun and easy technique to show you!  Since Valentine's day is just around the corner, my clubs are doing Valentine's projects and this is one of the ones they did this month!






Confession time...I keep a notepad and pen beside my bed for when ideas come to me at night!!!  Seriously, sometimes I dream about cards and stamps.  Some of my best ideas have come from my dreams and me writing them down or sketching them when I wake up...or when I'm trying to fall asleep and can't!  I can't be the only one who does this, right?!?!?!? Today's project is one of those dream projects.  It just came to me one night, and I love how it all turned out in the end.


I started with the white piece and did the Painter's Tape Technique on it with Pink Pirouette and Strawberry Slush ink.  Once that was done, I used the Word Bubbles Framelits to cut out the word bubble shape.  Some sponging with Real Red ink around the edges, including the word bubble, help the white layer to stand out a bit.  I stamped in the word bubble with the Just Sayin' stamp set on a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock.  It's embellished with a little pink pirouette button (from the Subtles set) and some Real Red Taffeta ribbon.  The whole white layer is put on the card with some Stampin' Dimensionals so it has a little pop to it!

Check out my Painter's Tape video so you can see how easy this technique really is!



And, here's one more card I did with the Painter's Tape Technique.  This card was inspired by a card I saw that fellow demonstrator, Deb Valder, did.  It features some of the In Colors this year as well as one of my favorite stamp sets, Flower Shop!


Head on over to my online store to place your order for everything you need to re-create both of these cards at home!  Have fun trying the Painter's Tape Technique...and let me know how it goes for you (I would love to see some of your painter's tape technique creations).

Have an inspired day!











1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!