Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sweet Sorbet Stationary Box

Last fall my grandma moved out of the house she has lived in for longer than I can remember and into a senior's lodge.  I was happy that she made the decision that it was time, but I know it was difficult for her.  And, I know it was difficult for all of us!  I have so many memories of going to visit her at that house when I was a kid and my own kids have memories of visiting her at that house.  I remember my parent's putting my brother and I on the Greyhound and we would ride the bus to go visit her (what a different world we live in now...I don't think I could do that with my boys!).  I remember her making us homemade french fries and she made the BEST donuts!  She had a swing in the backyard that my brother and I would play on for hours!  She would take us to the park and the Farmer's Market to see my other grandparents.  She would take us on walks and to the lake.  She would take us shopping and for dinner with her friends and relatives we didn't know!  But, most of all, she showered us with love.  While I'm sad she isn't in that house anymore, I'm thankful we got to visit with her this summer and that I will always have the memories...and that we will make new memories with her living in a different place!

So, after all that, you're probably wondering how that relates to stamping, right?  Well, I decided that she needed a special stamp with her name and new address and, of course, some cards to go with it so she could send notes to her friends.  And, I had to put all this in a special little box, 'cause that's what I do!


I used the Sweet Sorbet DSP which is one of the Sale-A-Bration items this year!  This is such fun DSP...I can't wait to use it on more projects!  I took my colors for this project right out of the DSP.  The box and lid are basic black.  I added a Pool Party layer which was sponged and stamped (with the new Petal Parade stamp which is one of the SAB items this year too!) with Pool Party ink.  Then I added a layer of the DSP and finished it off with some ribbon!

It's a super easy box to put together.  Here are the measurements as well as where you need to score.

Box Base:  8 1/2" x 8 1/2" (score 1 1/2" on each side)
Box Lid:  7 5/8" x 7 5/8" (score at 1" on each side)
Insert:  5 1/2" x 7 1/4" (score at 3 3/4", 4 3/4" & 5 3/4")

Here's what it looks like open.


There's 10 note cards with envelopes, a personalized stamp and a Basic Black Stampin' Spot in there for her!  Check back on Sunday to see the cards I made!

Remember, when Sale-A-Bration starts next week, you can get the SAB items free with every $60 of product you order (before shipping & tax).  So start making your list because there is some super fun SAB products this year!

Head on over to my online store to get some cardstock, note cards with envelopes and a personalized stamp so you can make this project for someone special in your life!

Have an inspired day!










3 comments:

  1. This is so amazing... And thank you so very much for sharing your story and the instructions. You've made my day and given me a project for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I could inspire you! Happy creating this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing it's a great little box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!