Thursday, January 30, 2014

Muslin Bags with Gold Glitter Hearts!

It glitters, it glitters!!!!!  I came across a super fun glitter heart bag when perusing Pinterest a few weeks ago and fell in love.  Of course, I had to re-create it with my SU supplies.  So out came the Mini Muslin Bags, Gold Glitter and Tombow glue!  I did try it with Heat & Stick powder, versamark and a heart stamp first and was NOT impressed with the results...so don't try that, it didn't work as well!

I knew my club ladies would LOVE it as much as I did so it became one of our club projects in January.....and I've had gold glitter ALL over my dining room and kitchen for a couple weeks now (It just keeps showing up!).  My poor puppies have had sparkly noses and I'm sure the delivery guy is wondering why I always have glitter on me now!!!


Isn't it pretty!!!!  I'm so excited with how it turned out.  We finished our bags off with a cute little tag and filled them with a bag of bath salts.  Super fun gift idea!  Here's a little photo tutorial so you can make one too!


To make my little heart stencil, I used a piece of the cardboard that comes in the back of a pack of DSP.  I cut it to the size that I wanted and used a heart framelit to cut out the heart shape.  I also used a piece of that same cardboard inside my bag to give it some stability when gluing and glittering.  Make sure to put a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper inside the bag too so you don't glue the bag together.  Seriously, with all the colors of glitter you can get and all the shapes of framelits we have the possibilities for this project are endless!

You can find all the stuff you need to create this project in my online store.  Don't forget that when your order gets to $60 you can choose a FREE SAB product!

Have an inspired day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!