Sunday, August 31, 2014

Simple Card Sunday 4 - Kinda Eclectic Card

Happy Simple Card Sunday!  Today I'm sharing a card I came across on Pinterest a while back (and do you think I can find it again...nope...so if you made and pinned a card like the one I'm sharing today, thank you for your inspiration!).  I loved the layout and simplicity of this card and thought it would be perfect for Simple Card Sunday.


Remember, for it to be a candidate for Simple Card Sunday it has to be able to be made in 5 easy steps, take 10-15 minutes to complete and use minimal supplies!


Here are the 5 easy steps:
  • Fold the Crumb Cake cardstock in half (5 1/2 x 8 1/2).  Stick the Tangerine Tango piece (3 7/8 x 5 1/8) on it.  Set aside.
  • Using the Kinda Eclectic set, stamp the dots with Crumb Cake ink and the leaf with Moss Meadow ink on the Whisper White cardstock ( 3 3/4 x 5).
  • Apply a strip of Retro Fresh Washi tape over the top of the dots and bottom of the leaf
  • Stamp the butterfly with Cajun Craze ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Punch it out and put a Stampin' Dimensional on the back.  Add some Linen Thread (stick on the dimensional) loops.  Stick the butterfly on the card.  Add 3 pearls to the body of the butterfly.
  • Stick the stamped white piece to the Tangerine Tango piece.
Check out the video so you can see me make the card in real time.


And, here's another card made with the same layout.  For this one, I used the new Festival of Trees set from the Holiday catalog.  I am loving this set almost as much as the Wonderous Wreath set!!!!


You can find everything you need to make both the cards shown today in my online store.  Head on over there with the shopping list (includes the featured card supplies only) and place your order today!

Shopping List
Stamps:  Kinda Eclectic
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, Retro Fresh Washi Tape
Tools:  Elegant Butterfly punch

Have an inspired day!











2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, Your cards are amazing! Thank you for caseing my card! It is an honor ;o)

    Hugs, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janneke! I'm so glad you came across my card and now I know who made the original! I loved your card...it's a great layout!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!