Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pucker Up Buttercup....Kissing Technique How To

Hi Stampers!  It's the first Tuesday of the month which means it's discount day at the grocery store and it's technique day here at LA Stamper!  Today I'm going back to basics and showing you the kissing technique.  This is a super easy and fun technique where you kiss two stamps together so you end up with one image on the other when you stamp them.

Basically you need one larger solid image stamp (ink in a lighter color) and one smaller image stamp (ink in a darker color).  Then you kiss the two stamps together and stamp the solid image one on your cardstock.  The result is so fun!



For this project, I kissed the letter a from the Larger Than Life Alphabet (inked with Blackberry Bliss) with the Positively Chevron background stamp (not inked).  So, I kissed off some of the ink from my letter and then when I stamped it I ended up with a fun chevron a!

I was inspired by Becky Roberts for this project and did these fun little note rings with my downline at our last Stamp & Share.

Here's another example on a card.


On this one, I inked up the small solid butterfly from the Papillion Potpourri set with Pink Pirouette ink and kissed it with the find splatter from the Gorgeous Grunge set (inked with Strawberry Slush ink).  Here's a close up of the butterflies so you can have a better look.


I also did up a quick video for you so you can see the different ways to do this technique.


Kissing is a fun and easy technique that you can use to add a little something extra to your stamps!  Give it a try and let me know how it goes for you!

You can find everything you need to make the card shown today in my online store. Head on over there with the shopping list and place your order today!

Shopping List
Stamps:  Papillion Potpourri, Yippee Skippee, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette
Cardstock:  Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Accessories:  Paper Doilies, Whisper White Seam Binding ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine
Tools:  Big Shot, Starburst Framelits & Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Bitty Butterfly punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch

Have an inspired day!










2 comments:

  1. Super, duper cute!!! I haven't done that technique in years...thank you for showing it off again - what a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Thanks Becky! I hadn't done this technique for years either, until this project!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!