Friday, September 10, 2010

Fabric Baby!

Have you seen the new Holiday Mini?  If you haven't, you need to check it out online and then contact me to get your very own copy.  I guarantee it will become your best friend for the next 4 months and will become dog eared and very loved.  You will GASP everytime you turn the page...I will admit, I did!!!

So, I was most surprised by the fabric in the mini.  Surprised and delighted actually!  This fabric is FABULOUS.  You get three designs per package and quite a bit of each design.  There's also an instruction booklet that comes with it, which is also FABULOUS!!!

Ok, so I'm not a huge sewer, but I do know how thanks to my mom and three years of Home Ec in junior high!   But, since we have fabric now, I decided to dust off my sewing machine before Halloween this year (it usually gets used once a year to make Halloween costumes!), and make a Christmas Ornament.  And, have my girls who attended my downline meeting the other night make one too!


The instructions for this little beauty are included in the instruction booklet when you purchase this pack of fabric.  However, I used different dies for my decoration!  I know, big surprise...Lisa didn't exactly follow the directions!!!  I'm totally an "instructions are just a guideline" kind of girl!!!

I used the new Scallop Squares die for both the background and the tree on my ornament.  The ribbon is Early Espresso wide Grosgrain.  Did you notice the button?  Ok, here's a closer look...


I absolutely LOVE the huge buttons that coordinate with the fabric.  Goosebumps!  The button is Crumb Cake (which makes me even happier!!) and is just hand sewen on with some Linen Thread and then the Linen Thread is tied in a bow.

LOVE IT!!!   I think I will be making more of these for our Christmas tree this year!

Well, I really need to go to bed...it's way past late!  Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I will be casing for sure!

    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!