Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Fifth Week of Christmas-Ginger Kids!

Hello! For the Fifth Week of Christmas, I have a Gingerkids Kit project to share with you!


I used the Box #2 die and some Thick Window Sheets to creat the box for this project. Then I wrapped a strip of Merry Moments DSP around the body of the box. It doesn't quite reach around the box, which is why the little saying is where it is! But, before I put the saying on, I tied a piece of the Old Olive ribbon from the Mistletoe Ribbon Originals set (Holiday Mini) around the box. The greeting is from the Sweet Season set and I colored it with Old Olive and Soft Suede Stampin' Write Markers. It was stamped on Whisper White cardstock and mounted on Real Red cardstock.


I cut the two little flaps off the top of the box and didn't fold down the top so the box had a bit of a taller back. To line the back of the box, I cut a piece of a coordinating pattern from Merry Moments to fit the back of the box. It's attached with a piece of Sticky Strip which is hidden by the strip going around the box so you don't see any adhesive!

Inside the box, I put a Small Cello Bag with 5 Ginger Kids and tied it with a piece of the Whisper White with Real Red stitching from the Mistletoe Ribbon Originals. I also put a tube of Icing (I totally meant to get white, but I guess I picked up red...oops!) and a tube of silver cake decorating balls. You could add any type of fun Christmas cake & cookie decorations that you can find in the stores right now. To finish it off, I cut small strips of Whisper White cardstock and ran them through my Crimper to make my own paper shreds.

Pretty cute if I do say so myself and I can totally think of more than a few kids who would love to get a little kit like this to decorate their own Ginger Kids!

Until next time my friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!