Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Eighth Week of Christmas-Ornaments!

For the Eighth Week of Christmas, I have ornaments for you! Both of the ornaments I made for you today use parts of the Pretties Kit. Take a look at the first one.

Isn't it pretty? I took a clear glass ball ornament and filled it with all the beads and pearls from my Pretties Kit. Now, I realize this wouldn't be feasible if you were making a lot of these ornaments, but how cool would it be to have your late grandmother's pearls inside an ornament that you could enjoy year after year. There's lots of other stuff you could put inside of these ornaments...how about dried rose petals (from the first flowers your boyfriend gave you, or from the day your fiancee proposed, or from your wedding bouquet, or from any other special occasion!)?

After filling the ornament with beads, I applied some of the Whisper White Icicle Rub Ons in the Holiday Mini Catalogue. There's a bit of a learning curve when applying rub ons to a round surface, but it wasn't too difficult.

The finishing touch was to tie a piece of Whisper White & Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon and also a piece of Gold Elastic Cord to the top of the ornament. I think it finished it off nicely!

Alright, here's the second ornament. This one uses the hat pins from the Pretties Kit. I don't know about you, but I always have the hat pins left in my Pretties Kit and am stumped with what to do with them. Well, here's an idea for you. It reminds me of those ribbon candies you get around Christmas time. I'm not a huge fan of those candies to eat, but I love the way they look.

I took about 24 inches of ribbon (I used the yummy Sleigh Bells ribbon from the Holiday Mini Catalogue...I will seriously mourn this ribbon being retired when the mini done in January!!!) and accordion folded it onto the hat pin. Then I put the little end thing back onto the sharp end of the hat pin. Safety first!

To finish it off, I tied a piece of the Old Olive ribbon from the Mistletoe Ribbon Originals in the holiday Mini (again...I will mourn when this ribbon retires!) just under the loop at the top of the hat pin.

I tied a piece of Silver Elastic Cord around the loop so it would hang on my little tree. If you use those little hook things to hang your ornaments on your tree, you could easily attach it to the loop and hang your ornament that way.

There you have it! Some cute ornament ideas for you to make for your own tree this year. As always, if you want to order any of the products I used to make these projects, please log onto my website and click on shop now to place your order. If you're not keen on online ordering you can always contact me and I can place that order for you.

Until next time my friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!