Saturday, November 21, 2009

Scrapbook Saturday

It's Saturday, which means I'm going to share some scrapbooking with you! I hope to share a scrapbook project of some sort every Saturday with you. Actually, I have an alterior motive with starting Scrapbook Saturday...I need to get more scrapbooking done, and if I have a scheduled time to share some scrapbooking it will force me to get at least one spread done each week!


So, without further adieu, here's the first Scrapbook Saturday layout!






































I love this layout for so many reasons! The colors, Old Olive, Night of Navy and Creamy Caramel are a great combination. Now, I've mentioned before that I hate spiders...well, I'm not really a fan of caterpillars either! Especially the ones my son was playing with in these pictures...you know, the ones that drop from trees. Ewwww! It gives me the shivers just thinking about it! I've always said that I was given three boys for a reason...maybe that reason was so that I would learn to tolerate bugs! Ok, lets ge back to the scrapbook page! I'm not a fan of caterpillars, but I love the cute little ones on this page from the Bugs & Kisses set.


I used the caterpillars from the Bugs & Kisses set is a few different ways on this layout. First, I stamped them with Creamy Caramel Craft ink on the Night of Navy cardstock around one of the pictures. I used the Craft ink so that the lighter Creamy Caramel ink would show up on the darker Night of Navy cardstock.


I also used the caterpillars as tag shaped accents. To do this, I stamped them in the three colors of the layout (Old Olive, Night of Navy and Creamy Caramel) on Naturals White cardstock, then I punched them with the Small Tag Punch, turning the punch so that it would look like they were crawling around. I matted the punched caterpillars with tags punched with the Tag Punch (also in the three colors of the layout). I put these tag accents in three places on the layout.


Finally, I *heart* the title..."Curious About Caterpillars" and the way I did the letters. They are cut from Creamy Caramel cardstock with the Big Shot and two different alphabet dies (SU Billboard Alphabet and SU Timeless Type Alphabet). To add a little dimension to the letters, I cut them out and randomly pounced a sponge, inked with Close to Cocoa, all over them. It makes them look a little dirty and boyish. Ca-ute!


There you have it! My first Scrapbook Saturday layout. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Are you excited to see more scrapbook layouts over the weeks to come? As always, if you would like to order any of the products used in this layout please lot onto my website and click shop now to place your order (sorry, Canadians only!).


Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!