Sunday, December 27, 2009

All About the Cake!

My youngest son is all about the cake! I think when he turned 2 he was more excited about having cake than his presents! My layout this week honours his love on cake and how he savoured it on his birthday!

The base of this page is Brilliant Blue stamped with a circle design from the Priceless set using Brilliant Blue classic ink. The pictures are mounted on Ruby Red cardstock and I used Crushed Curry as an accent color. The Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon was the perfect, fun accent for a birthday cake page!

The title was cut out with the Big Shot. I used the Billboard Alphabet with Ruby Red cardstock and the Go Go Boots Alphabet with Crushed Curry cardstock.

I love how the accent turned out on this layout! I used the large cupcake from the Crazy for Cupcakes set and added a second candle to it since he was turning 2. I omitted the candles when I stamped the cupcake, but them stamped just the candle twice on some scrap cardstock. I colored the candles and the cupcake, then made a little slit in the cupcake (where the original candle would have been) and slipped the two candles into the slit. I made a ring with my Circle Scissor Plus and Crushed Curry cardstock. And I finished it off with a chipboard 2, which I colored with Brilliant Blue Classic ink and a Sponge Dauber.

You can go shopping for any of the products I used on this layout 24/7 on my website, or by contacting me!

Until next time my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 29. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page. The colours and all the elements have come together so well. Congratulations. Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!