Saturday, December 12, 2009

Piggies!

It's Scrapbook Saturday and I'm so excited to share my layout today! It's a great layout, but first a little background. Did your kids suck their toes? All three of my boys did! I have a great page with my first son sucking his toes. When he was little we always did the "This little piggy..." rhyme with him. Gosh, it seems like it was just yesterday...and he's almost 8! Anyway, we did the rhyme so much with him that according to him, he didn't have toes, he had piggies...and he was quite adamant that they were piggies! I was sad when my first stopped sucking his toes, but tickled when each of my other two sons sucked their toes. I *heart* baby feet! Such great memories! The whole piggy thing is what inspired me with this layout. So, without further adieu, I present a piggy page for you! That yellow post-it on the right hand page isn't part of the layout...it's a reminder for me to do a bit of journaling...so just ignore that!

Supplies: Just perfect Alphabet stamp set, Night of Navy, Dusty Durango, Basic Black & Pretty in Pink cardstock, Pretty in Pink & Night of Navy Craft ink, Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Chocolate Chip Double Stitched Ribbon, On Board Lots of Letters chipboard, Stampin' Dimensionals, assorted punches

As you probably can imagine, with three boys I don't use a lot of pink in my projects! But, with the piggy theme I had going on here, I thought pink was a must! I paired the pink with some masculine colors...Night of Navy and Dusty Durango and threw in a little Chocolate Chip! I was a little aprehensive about the color combination, but becuase of his navy and orange shirt in the pictures, I think it all came together and worked really well!

Here's a closer look at the piggies. Warning...they are DARN CUTE!!!

I used Pretty in Pink cardstock for the piggies and I sponged around the edges of all the punched shapes with Pretty in Pink Classic Ink to give my little piggies some depth. The bodies of the piggies are made with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch, and the heads are made with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. Their little heads are attached to the bodies with Stampin' dimensionals. I used the 5-Petal Flower Punch for the ears, the Crop-A-Dile for the eyes. The tail is a swirl cut free hand and the little piggy noses are buttons. So cute! *grin*

The title is a combination of stamping and chipboard. I used the On Board Lots of Letters set for the words "piggy" and "perfect" because I wanted those words to stand out a bit more than the rest of the title, which is stamped. The chipboard letters are inked with Craft ink and a Sponge Dauber. I chose to do the title in two colors based on what color cardstock the words were going to be on.

There you have it! A page that brings back a fond memories of mine and hopefully will help you relive some happy memories from when your little ones were younger! As always, any of the supplies I used to make my layout are available to order through my website or by contacting me.

Until next time my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!