Friday, December 11, 2009

The Tenth Week of Christmas-Glorious Gift Bags

Hello and happy Friday! For my Tenth week of Christmas, I have some glorious gift bags for you.

Each of these gift bags are made with two sheets of cardstock or DSP (Designer Series Paper) as well as some embellishments of some sort.

Supplies: Merry Moments DSP, Whisper White cardstock, Real Red Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch


This is the first one I made. I kept it pretty simple both because it was my first one and because the DSP I chose is a pretty busy pattern! The great thing about using our DSP is that it's double sided, so you get a pretty pattern on the inside of your bag...kind of like a fancy lining! I used whole sheets of DSP and scored them at 2 inches on the sides and the bottom. Then, this is important...you MUST use your bone folder to make sharp creases on the score lines. If you don't do this, your bag won't be as nice and square. So, please, please, please use your bone folder to crease the score lines when you make gift bags or gift boxes!!! I'll get off my soap box now!!! Once I creased my score lines, I folded each piece of DSP into half a box, then stuck them together. To finish it off, I punched a strip of Whisper White cardstock with the Scallop Edge Punch and stuck it around the top of the bag, Then I punched some holes with my Crop-A-Dile and tied some ribbon through to make the handles.

Supplies: Kraft & Not Quite Navy cardstock, Serene Snowflakes stamp set, Not Quite Navy ink, Versamark ink, Champagne Mist & Frost White Shimmer Paint, Whisper White Organza Ribbon


This is the second one I did. I chose Kraft cardstock as the base, and in this case I started with 8 1/2 x 11 pieces, scored at 1 1/2 inches on the sides and 2 inches on the bottom. I stamped my cardstock with the snowflakes and Not Quite Navy ink, Versamark ink, and 2 colors of Shimmer Paint. It's gorgeous and I wish I could get a picture showing all the shimmer!!!


I finished this one off a big differently. Rather than punching holes and using ribbon for handles, I used a piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock and folded it over the top, pinching the top of the bag in. Then I punched some holes and fed some Whisper White Organza Ribbon through the holes, tying it in a bow to hold the bag shut.



Supplies: Whisper White cardstock, Soft Suede Textured cardstock, Merry Moments DSP, Sleigh Bells Ribbon, Real Red Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Antique Brass Jumbo Brads, Crop-A-Dile, Jumbo Snowflake Punch, Linen Thread

And, finally, my favorite one! I used textured Soft Suede cardstock for the base of the bag. Around the top of the bag, I used some strips of DSP, which I tore before sticking them around the top edge of the bag.


The handles are my favorite ribbon from the Holiday Mini, Sleigh Bells! I fed the ribbon through some Jumbo Brads and tied a little piece of red ribbon around the Sleigh Bells ribbon to keep it from pulling through.



To finish it off, I punched three snowflakes from Whisper White cardstock, punched a small hole in each and tied them to the bag handle with Linen Thread. So pretty!


There you have it, some glorious gift bag ideas for you to use when packaging those special little gifts this Christmas! All the supplies for each bag are listed under the pictures. If you would like to order any of the supplies used for these projects, please log onto my website or contact me.


Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!